Choose well, choose glass
Did you know that glass is sustainable from its origin to its demise? It's entirely made from natural materials such as limestone, sand and soda ash. Ultimately, glass is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without any loss of quality through the process.
We aim to produce our 100% recyclable glass products with zero impact on the environment, assuring that the next generations can live in a better world. We do this by applying sustainable processes throughout the organization and supporting social, economic, and cultural progress in the communities where we live and work.
By being a socially responsible corporate organization, we drive sustainability efforts together with our stakeholders and other companies to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What we can be proud of
- Our products are 100% recyclable without loss of quality.
- Our glass is 100 % food-safe and it is not harmful to the environment.
- We collect and re-use the glass in our factories so that each new glass starts with 20% to 50% of pre-consumer recycled glass.
- OPTIMELT furnace installation in our production unit in Holland reduced energy & CO2 by the glass melting process by up to 45% with up to 75% less NOx released to the atmosphere.
- Our packaging material is made of 80% to 95% recycled cardboard.
- In 2021, our Dutch plant's electric power came 100% from green electricity. Our Portuguese Plant is working towards the utilization of green energy (H₂).
- Our Portuguese plant was awarded a silver medal of Eco-Vadis sustainable rating, observing labor & human rights and the environment. Placing our company among the top 25% of companies assessed by EcoVadis.
- We support a sheltered employment organization for people with disabilities.
- We celebrate diversity, racial equality and social justice.
- We embrace the responsibility of social progress by supporting a broad range of organizations through monetary and in-kind product donations.
- We work with a young start-up that gives a second life to used wine bottles, creating sustainable products for the end-consumer. Embracing circular economy.
- Of the total waste generated by our Portuguese plant, 90% is recycled, working closely with national environmental and waste entities to promote recycling (packaging, industrial oils, batteries, etc.)
A sneak peek of our main goals:
- We want to be carbon neutral by 2050.
- We strive to 0% fossil-based plastic in its operations and deliveries by 2030.
- We will be involved in 5 initiatives per year, contributing to a sustainable community.
- We search to have at least 5 partnerships with sustainable organizations by 2025.